PREMIUM QUALITY MORTISE DEADLOCKS FOR SWINGING DOOR
Mortise Deadlock No.H21.15.007 can be operated by a keyed cylinder on both sides or a keyed cylinder from outside and thumb-turn from inside. Great basements, av closets and other rooms where extra security is needed. Deadlock can only be operated by a key/cylinder key . Once the key is turned, the deadlock is thrown and cannot be re-opened without a key. For homes that need a high level of security these locks are ideal. However they can be a hassle, since there is no convenient way to throw the lock. You will need at least two copies of the key to prevent losing one. You can keep one in the lock on the interior side to make it easier to lock the door. Typically, deadlocks are used in locations that need extra security.Our mortise deadlock is far more secure than tubular deadbolt that attach to the outside of a door frame.A mortise deadlocks needs a mortise, or a pocket, in the door frame to operate correctly. The bolt of the lock fits into the mortise. These types of deadbolt require door preparation, so if your door isn't currently mortise to fit this kind of deadbolt, you (or a professional installer) will need to use a mortise saw to cut into the door to fits door deadlock properly. Take note that not all mortise deadlock have the same dimensions.
So before any door alteration, take careful measurements. FEATURES: LATCHBOLT: NoFRONT PLATE: Brass Material, Square - 22 x 193mm STRIKE PLATE: Striking plate without lip LOCK CASE: Steel, powder coated - 15mm thickDEADBOLT: Standard, Single throw 19mmCENTRE-TO-CENTRE: NoBACKSET: Standard 60mm (2-3/8") or 70mm (2-3/4") (Other backset 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, 80mm upon request minimum requred)HUB SIZE: NoDOOR HANDED: NO - Door Lock Designed for right-handed and left-handed doorMILLING COVER: Included (Black Plastic) SCREWS: Included STANDARD FINISHINGS:
(Other finishes upon request, minimum order required.) ACCESSORIES:
- Polished Brass & Lacquer (Brass Material)
- Satin Brass & Lacquer (Brass Material)
- Polished Chrome Plated (Brass Material)
- Satin Chrome Plated (Brass Material)
- Satin Nickel Plated (Brass Material)
- Bronzed Brass & Lacquer (Brass Material)
- Antique Bronzed Brass & Lacquer (Brass Material)
- Antique Bronzed Brass Matt & Lacquer (Brass Material)
- Oil Rubbed Bronze (Brass Material)
- Spindle Reducer/Spindle Sleeve Can Be Purchase Separate
MEASURE A MORTISE DOOR LATCH:
ABOUT MORTISE DEADLOCKS:
- Backset – The distance from the front of the faceplate to the center of the spindle or to the centre of the euro hole cut out.
- latch Body – The housing for the bolt work, which are the components that will disengage and engage the lock.
- Strike Plate – This metal fixture is fastened onto the doorway to line up with the latch bolt and potential deadbolt that reside in the lock body of the mortise.
- Escutcheon Plates – Also known as rose plates, these fasten on either side of the door to create a sense of cohesion around the handle.
- Faceplate – The faceplate covers the internal systems of the lock’s housing parallel to the strike plate, but on the door itself. Faceplate on mortise LATCH No.H21.15.007 is pre fitted to the lock body some other vesions the face plate on a mortise latch will be separate.