Allows a pair of doors to open and close together to gain full use of the entire opening without the necessity of releasing and securing the inactive door after every operation.OPERATION:Close inactive door, followed by active doorCan be locked with a conventional lock- Transom bolts are especially ideal for small double door situations such as bedrooms, master baths, closets, French doors, patio doors, and offices.
- They are most commonly used on interior doors but can be utilized for exterior doors where UL fire ratings are not required.
- Far more convenient than manual flush bolts which require a manual release or manual locking for every simultaneous opening or closing of a pair of doors.
- Superior to automatic flush bolts in aesthetics, less exposed hardware, smoother operation and much easier to install.
- Ball catch on top of active door is easily adjustable (with screwdriver) to account for variation of door to header clearances.
- Available with double ball catches for push/pull operation (specify as 04DC).